Video slots are one of the most popular casino games. With a little luck, players can win real cash from free slots. These slots are easy to learn and fun. In the UK, slots generate around PS10 billion in profits each year. As online gambling continues to grow, land-based slots could soon disappear.
It is helpful to be familiar with the basics of video slots. It’s all luck. Anyone who doesn’t know anything about slots could lose a lot of money. However, knowing the key aspects of different slots can increase your chances to win and make it more enjoyable.
RTP (return to player)
You will want to only play games that have a high RTP percentage. The return-to-player refers to how much money the game pays out in winnings from all bets. A RTP of 95% indicates that 95% of the game’s lifetime wagers will be paid to players and 5% will remain with the casino.
High RTP is defined as a range between 95% and 96%.
You can choose the game based on its bonus features
Slots today offer many perks and benefits that are not available in the old fruit machines. Many video slots offer bonus rounds such as free spins or a spin on the prize wheel. These bonus rounds can lead to serious wins for players. Megaways and Cascading reels are two examples of innovative game mechanics.
- Megaways will have 6 reels that contain varying numbers of symbols. This mechanism allows you to change the number of paylines for each spin. The maximum is 117’649 paylines.
- Cascading reels are distinguished by the removal of winning symbols from the screen and the allowing of new symbols to fall in. These symbols can form another winning combination, and the process continues. You could win multiple times for the price of one spin.
Are you looking for high volatility or low variance?
Variance/volatility is the measurement of how often and how large are the payouts for a particular slot game.
- High volatility means that the game can pay out in large wins, but not as often. High-rollers may find this game a good option.
- The game’s low variance means that the payouts are more frequent, but with smaller wins. This is great for players who like to play longer.
You shouldn’t forget about money management skills. If you aren’t careful, slots can quickly drain your bankroll.
- Limit your spending each day and every week.
- Your bankroll will determine the amount you place. For the best chance of winning, many players place a bet between 1% and 2% of their deposit funds.
- Spend only what you can afford.
- Slots can be used to buy entertainment and not invest your money.
Our guide to video slots basics is over. You should now be ready to play. We wish you much success and luck in your casino adventures.